Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Simpsons Write a YA Novel with Neil Gaiman

photo credit
Yes, that's Neil Gaiman in the back.

Anyone else catch last Sunday's Simpsons?  "The Crew" pictured above group-writes the next YA hit in an Ocean's Eleven parody and attempt to resist the vampire craze.

Meanwhile, Lisa Simpson demonstrates the writer's favorite activity: procrastination.

Andy Garcia even reprises his Terry Benedict-ish role as the Big Bureaucratic Publisher.

Simpsons, you and I are back on!  So much genius in this episode.  Thank you for 23 great seasons!

FOX doesn't release the episode until 8 days after airing, but when they do, you can find it HERE.

10 comments:

  1. That episode was absolute perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw it last night. SO GOOD. I loved the ending. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great episode and made me hope that the writing team is back after a couple of dud seasons... fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has it really been 23? Man, I - am - old!

    *must apply wrinkle cream immediately*

    I'll have to try to find this episode - since it's all writerly and such. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when the Simpsons first started. I was in fourth grade, I think. I don't think that I was allowed to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought that was hilarious! I was hoping that Bart and Homer and their team would start writing "Maximum Ride", but it was still funny. ;)

    And, oh, Neil. I could listen to him reading the phone directory...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay this is so weird....I never realized my blog required word verification to post. I expressly remember changing the setting to make sure people wouldn't have to use word verification when I first started my blog two years ago. I have no idea what happened! If you hadn't mentioned it in the comments I wouldn't have realized at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Duuude, I am totally going to catch this when it comes online!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was right in the middle of a Nano-twitter word sprint when I looked at the clock, saved my stuff, and ran downstairs to watch. Pure brilliance. I don't remember the last time I watched The Simpsons and I totally loved it!

    ReplyDelete

I love dogs AND comments!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...